Don't pay that Traffic Ticket!!! Warns Houston traffic ticket lawyer Kameron Searle. There are often many hidden penalties in addition to paying the fine. And some of them can be severe. For instance, paying a ticket can often result in higher insurance premiums that you will have to pay years into the future. Also, paying a traffic ticket may result in the suspension of your drivers license, the loss of your driving privileges or expensive surcharges (taxes) assessed against you under the new "Texas Points System" (Driver Responsibility Program).
A Houston traffic ticket lawyer can help you defend against these and other hidden penalties.
If you have missed a court date and have a Failure to Appear or a warrant for your arrest, traffic ticket attorney Kameron Searle can help lift your warrant. See our criteria for posting bonds at the City of Houston below. We post bonds at the City of Houston.
Call today and speak with my legal assistant Marisa. She will be glad to assist you.
Protect Your Driving Record, Your Insurance Rates and Your Driving Privileges!!
City of Houston Municipal Court Building at 1400 Lubbock:
Herbert W. Gee Municipal Courthouse
Houston Traffic Ticket Attorney Defends:
Red Light Ticket
Financial Responsibility / Insurance Ticket
Stop Sign Tickets
Speeding in School Zone Tickets
Code A Restrictions/Driving Without Corrective Lenses
All Moving Violations
All Class C Misdemeanors
Failure to Appear
Warrant Roundup That Began March 2, 2013!
We Can Help Lift Warrants!!
We Post Bonds at the City of Houston.
Use This Link to Check the DPS Web Site to See if You Have an Outstanding Warrant.
Houston Traffic Ticket Lawyer / Abogado
Kameron K. Searle
9111 Katy Freeway, Suite 202
Houston, Texas 77024
We also defend speeding tickets and traffic tickets in municipal courts around Houston and Harris County including Jersey Village, Hedwig Village, Humble, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jacinto City, Southside Place, West University Place, etc.
We defend speeding and traffic tickets in all the Harris County Justice of the Peace Courts including: Judge Dale Gorczynski, David Patronella, Jo Ann Delgado, George Risner, Mike Parrot, Jeff Williams, Don Coffey, J. Kent Adams, Tom Lawrence, Russ Ridgway, Armando V. Rodriguez, Holly Williamson, Louie Ditta, Hilary H. Green, Zinetta Burney and Richard Vara.
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Attorney David S. Sprecher on his much deserved retirement!!!
Why Should I Hire a Houston Traffic Ticket Attorney?
There are several reasons why it is advantageous to hire a traffic lawyer to assist you in the defense of your speeding ticket or traffic ticket:
1. In addition to fines and court costs, there are often many hidden penalties when you pay a traffic ticket such as points on your DPS driving record, surcharges for a bad driving record, license suspension hearings, license suspensions, and higher insurance rates. Here are just a few examples of how traffic ticket convictions can hurt you.
Just one traffic ticket conviction can raise your insurance rates with many companies. Four or more moving violations in a twelve month period can result in a license suspension and much higher insurance rates for years. Two convictions of no liability insurance can result in a suspension of your Texas drivers license. Two convictions for violating a Code A restriction (not wearing glasses or contact lenses when required to do so) can result in a suspension of your drivers license. CDL who are convicted of two or more serious violations in a three year period can be disqualified from driving their trucks.
If fines and court costs were the only penalty for paying a speeding or traffic ticket, you would not need to hire a traffic ticket lawyer. But there are many hidden penalties in addition to the fines and court costs. A traffic ticket lawyer can help protect you from these hidden penalties.
2. The City of Houston Municipal Court and just about any other traffic court will let you plead to any traffic ticket via the Internet, the mail or at an arraignment. It is not their job to tell you the ramifications or the consequences of your plea to a particular traffic ticket. Remember, when you pay a speeding or traffic ticket, you are convicted of the traffic ticket. It is not just the payment of some money to make a ticket go away or to avoid having to go to court. When you pay the ticket, you are convicted of the offense that you paid and this can and probably will trigger some of the consequences mentioned in section 1 above.
3. A traffic ticket attorney will be familiar with the courts you will appear in. You are probably not in the municipal court with a traffic ticket regularly, but a traffic ticket lawyer is. A traffic ticket attorney will be much more familiar with the Judge hearing your traffic ticket case and that Judge's ways of doing things in his or her court.
4. A traffic ticket lawyer will be much more familiar with the law that applies to your traffic ticket. Was the complaint prepared correctly? Has the proper law or statute been alleged by the prosecutor? Can the State prove the offenses alleged in the ticket?
We Defend Traffic Tickets in the Following Municipal Courts in Harris County:
City of Houston, Pasadena, Southside Place, West University Place, Jersey Village, Hunters Creek, Spring Valley, La Porte, Bunker Hill, Hedwig Village, Piney Point, Baytown, South Houston, Humble
Our Bond Posting Policies
So you missed a court date on a traffic ticket at the City of Houston. We can post post bonds for our clients at the City of Houston on a case by case basis. We reserve the right not to post bonds on your behalf. We have certain guidelines that we follow when deciding whether or not to post bonds on behalf of our clients:
1. We will only consider posting bonds for our clients who live in Harris County. If you live outside of Harris County, you will need to post a cash bond or post a surety bond through a bonding company to remove your warrant.
2. We will only consider posting bonds on a client with a valid Texas drivers license. If you do not have a valid Texas drivers license, you may post a cash bond or post a surety bond through a bonding company to remove your warrant.
3. We will not post bonds for CDL truck drivers regardless of where you live. If you are a CDL truck driver, you may post a cash bond or post a surety bond through a bonding company to remove your warrant.
4. We will not post bonds for those who are not residing in the United States legally. If you are not residing in the United States legally, you may post a cash bond or post a surety bond through a bonding company to remove your warrant.
5. If you have more than one set of traffic tickets in warrants, we will not post bonds. If you have more than one set of tickets in warrants, you may either post a cash bond or post a bond through a bonding company to remove your warrant.
If you have warrants at the City of Houston, give our very helpful assistant, Marisa, a call at: